Auto's future may be closer than we think [1.3.8] - Honda FCX Forums
Honda FCX Forums  
Go Back   Honda FCX Forums > Honda FCX Clarity > Reviews and Commentary

FcxClub.com is the premier Honda FCX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
FCXClub Founder, Admin

Send a message via AIM to T Mac
Default Auto's future may be closer than we think [1.3.8]

Quote:
The experts say fuel-cell electric cars are unlikely to hit the showrooms much before 2020.

But after driving the Honda FCX working prototype around Vancouver yesterday, I'm a little more optimistic.

The hydrogen-fuelled technology that will finally dismiss the gas guzzling internal combustion engine to the garbage heap, replacing it with the zero-emission electric powerplant, has made fabulous progress in recent years.

Perhaps the two biggest obstacles to mass production don't concern the effectiveness of the power generation technology itself.

One is the ability to store the hydrogen used to generate the electricity in a tank that won't take up the whole rear end of the vehicle in order to give the vehicle a decent range of use between fill ups.

Two is the development of a totally new and incredibly expensive roadside infrastructure to enable fuel-cell vehicles to "gas up" in the same way as a regular vehicle.

Solving the first problem will lead to the investment needed by - dare I say it - oil companies to build the infrastructure necessary to meet the fuel supply side.
Click here to read the entire story from driving.ca

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 PM

I must say that Auto's future is really good this days because sales of cars is increasing day by day.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 PM

there is no doubt about auto's future being great as the number of vehicle is increasing day by day but i doubt on on hydrogen fueled cars as it is a completely new technology and tough for it to compete with modern luxuries.
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Hi friends i hope you are doing well now days, auto technology is rasing up and up, we will find a great machines in our near future, thanks.

Last edited by sgcrichi; 12-04-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement