High Hopes for Hydrogen? [8.1.7] - Honda FCX Forums
Honda FCX Forums  
Go Back   Honda FCX Forums > Honda FCX Clarity > Reviews and Commentary

FcxClub.com is the premier Honda FCX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
FCXClub Founder, Admin

Send a message via AIM to T Mac
Default High Hopes for Hydrogen? [8.1.7]

Quote:
In almost a decade of test driving hydrogen-powered fuel-cell cars, I began to recognize a familiar pattern. The drive itself was short, usually a round or two around a race track or a closed-road course. I was once flown all the way to Japan to drive a Honda FCX about half a mile through a parking lot. Sitting in the passenger seat was an engineer with a laptop and a clipboard, nervously watching for malfunctions.

Fortunately, those days are gone.
Click here to read the entire column

By Jim Motavalli from The Daily Green

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 AM

Hi,
In the near term, improving fuel economy is the best way to slow the rise in oil use and greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks. But even if automakers triple the efficiency of their fleets and governments support mass transit and smart-growth strategies that lessen the public's reliance on cars, the explosive growth in the number of vehicles around the world will severely limit any reductions in oil consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. To make deeper cuts, the transportation sector needs to switch to low-carbon, nonpetroleum fuels. Liquid fuels derived from woody plants or synthesized from tar sands or coal may play important roles. Over the long term, however, the most feasible ways to power vehicles with high efficiency and zero emissions are through connections to the electric grid or the use of hydrogen as a transportation fuel.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 PM

I see the ultimate car over the long term as being a hydrogen fuel cell plug-in hybrid since this will take advantage of the best of both battery and hydrogen technologies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Well you might call it a success but realy this was just an minor disturbance, so I don't think it really counts that much.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Looking at exploding growth of numbers of cars and increasing dependencies of people over the vehicle, I think it would be very tough for any company to compete with this kind of idea. I hope this idea be successful for the betterment of the nature..
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM

Hi, good evening i have never drive a car with hydrogen fuel,but it will be great experience to do it, i am waiting for that day i will be taking drive with that great technology
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM

Hydrogen must be produced from a source. Currently, the vast majority of hydrogen produced from high temperature treatment of natural gas and oil. Oil refineries use hydrogen for clean fuels based on petroleum and chemical companies use the gas to produce ammonia compounds and others.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM

Someday we all will use hyrogen to environmental protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement