Anyone here prefer condos to SFHs? - Honda FCX Forums
Honda FCX Forums  
Go Back   Honda FCX Forums > Off Topic > Off Topic Talk

FcxClub.com is the premier Honda FCX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM

Default Anyone here prefer condos to SFHs?

Does anyone here prefer condos to single family homes -- provided that the condo affords you and your family ample space?

I know condos tend to get a bad rap, but my wife and I are glad we purchased one as opposed to a single family home. Here's why:

- Less maintenance (I'm no handy man), leaving us with more time for hobbies
- No yard to tend to (My wife does not have a green thumb on her)
- Not a dog person -- Cats are probably better suited for condos/apartments, which is why we intend to get one.
- The property is relatively quiet, except for the occasional barking dog
- We're not the kind of couple that enjoys hosting parties/get-togethers/barbecues, so living in a condo gives us an excuse to keep people away ("it's too small for so many people")
- We have a pool, video surveillance, and a security guard 5 days a week
- Even though the HOA fee is a little high, the management company does a good job maintaining the property. Anytime we have an issue, they're quick to get back to us.
- Lower mortgage payments (and that includes lower property taxes/insurance)
- We bought ours at a great price in late 2014. Zillow, Trulia and other sites say it has appreciated by roughly 15-20k
- We own a corner unit that is on the top floor (2nd). We share one wall with an older couple whom we hardly ever hear, and there's no one above us.
- We live in South Florida, where inventory is scarce and prices are through the roof.

We're thinking about trying to start a family next year. Right now, the plan is to have only one kid, so our 2/2, 1,050 sq ft. condo should be comfortable enough for a family of 3 -- at least for a good 5 or 6 years after the kid is born. We'd consider selling the condo and buying a house eventually, but the truth is that a decent house in a decent area at a decent price in South Florida is virtually impossible to find these days.

Does anyone here prefer condos to SFHs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM

Yep, I do.........
Old 03-31-2019, 12:38 AM

thanks for sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 09:40 AM

thanks for sharing
Old 06-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Nice post. . . .
Old 04-27-2020, 11:03 AM

Very interesting, thank you
Old 06-22-2020, 09:48 PM

I`m interested!
Old 09-11-2020, 07:46 AM

z2u.com has cheap OSRS Gold
Old 09-15-2020, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Does anyone here prefer condos to single family homes -- provided that the condo affords you and your family ample space?

I know condos tend to get a bad rap, but my wife and I are glad we purchased one as opposed to a single family home. Here's why:

- Less maintenance (I'm no handy man), leaving us with more time for hobbies
- No yard to tend to (My wife does not have a green thumb on her)
- Not a dog person -- Cats are probably better suited for condos/apartments, which is why we intend to get one.
- The property is relatively quiet, except for the occasional barking dog
- We're not the kind of couple that enjoys hosting parties/get-togethers/barbecues, so living in a condo gives us an excuse to keep people away ("it's too small for so many people")
- We have a pool, video surveillance, and a security guard 5 days a week
- Even though the HOA fee is a little high, the management company does a good job maintaining the property. Anytime we have an issue, they're quick to get back to us.
- Lower mortgage payments (and that includes lower property taxes/insurance)
- We bought ours at a great price in late 2014. Zillow, Trulia and other sites say it has appreciated by roughly 15-20k
- We own a corner unit that is on the top floor (2nd). We share one wall with an older couple whom we hardly ever hear, and there's no one above us.
- We live in South Florida, where inventory is scarce and prices are through the roof.

We're thinking about trying to start a family next year. Right now, the plan is to have only one kid, so our 2/2, 1,050 sq ft. condo should be comfortable enough for a family of 3 -- at least for a good 5 or 6 years after the kid is born. We'd consider selling the condo and buying a house eventually, but the truth is that a decent house in a decent area at a decent price in South Florida is virtually impossible to find these days.

Does anyone here prefer condos to SFHs?
Nice topic! I believe that it all greatly depends on the location. Say, if someone offered to me an apartment in Santa Pola I would not care about what it was
Old 09-26-2020, 07:27 AM

thanks for sharing
Advertisement